Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Didn't get out of bed until after 8 am this morning. I had what Pete, one of the widowers in our group calls a “meltdown”. I was not even thinking about Ben, but I just started sobbing. I was thinking that I really didn't need to get out of bed because all I had to do today was housework and walk Hiker. She kept whimpering and licking me. I was cleaning my master bathroom when Jean called and wanted to know if Hiker and I would like to do a dog walk, so when I finished the bathroom, we met her and walked and then let the dogs play in my backyard for about a hour. After lunch, I decided I'd wait about doing the rest of my housework, so I sat down and watch a “Rizzoli & Isles” marathon. Also called my older brother Ron. He said it was cold and rainy up in northern California. Was supposed to be clear today but was gloom almost all day. The sun came out for a few minutes. It only got up into the 50's today here.

2 comments:

  1. So pleased Jean called so you had some company for a while. Christmas here in Australia is mid summer, we spent most the day indoors with family and the air-conditioner on. A storm came through mid-afternoon to help cool things down.

    Hope tomorrow is a better day for new, new beginnings on the horizon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad day for you but I'm glad you had a friend to talk to . May your next year be better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay