Sunday, December 9, 2012

Busy Sunday

I was very busy this morning. After we got up I vacuumed out my Corolla and washed it. Hiker gets so much hair in it because that's usually the car I use if she is going somewhere with me. After I finished, I washed my sheets and towels and vacuumed the carpet. I went to bed early last night because my joints were bothering me. I really think I am getting arthritis. Hiker woke me up a little later than she normally does. After lunch I was just heading out the door to take Hiker for an afternoon walk when I heard the house phone ringing. It was my friend Karren calling to plan a day for her and her husband Wally to come and go to lunch with me before Christmas. We made a date for December 17th. After the call, I took Hiker down to Discovery Park where we walked around the dry riverbed. While there, Hiker got scared from a kid riding by on a skateboard and she peed from fear. She has not done that for a long time. Was a beautiful day outside. When we got back home, I sat down on the sofa and turned the TV on, only to fall asleep. Woke up about an hour later.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kay,
    I must tell you the BEST peanut butter cookie recipe. It is the easiest thing, I have made it for the whole 29 years that I have been married to Richard. (I wrote about it on my blog but I am telling you here anyway!)
    MIRACLE COOKIES:
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla.

    That is IT! Just mix the peanut butter and sugar together with a fork. MIX WELL. Add egg and vanilla. KEEP MIXING WELL UNTIL COMBINED.
    Oh, forget to say heat your oven to 350 degrees!
    Roll out into small balls on place on ungreased cookie sheet. Take fork and make pattern one way and then the other way, in a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 12-15 minutes until they look slightly brown on the bottom edges. Take out and COOL for at least 10 minutes or so. (They will fall apart if you touch them too early.)
    Keep in tin for about a week.
    OH!!! I forgot to say, you may add 1/3 or 1/2 cup choc. chips to the batter.
    LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THESE. They are good for anyone on a gluten free diet or for anybody!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great recipe. I will have to try it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay