Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Good Group Today

Was very foggy when I let Hiker outside this morning, but by the time we got up, the fog was only over the mountains and in the canyons. The sun came out but it was still chilly. Today is my friend DeDee's birthday, so I treated her to lunch after the grief group. We went to Red Robin or burgers and one of the guys in the group (Jim) actually came with us. This is the first time one of the men has joined us for lunch. We always invite them, but we always figured the felt a little “funny” going with the women, but Jim seemed fine with us. He lucked out too. Red Robin was offering (today only) a free Jim Beam Burger to anyone named Jim or who lived on “James Street”. Our therapist was 30 minutes late for group today because she got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. We had a new person today. A very nice woman named Edith whose husband of 60 years passed away 5 1/2 months ago. When I got home, I took Hiker for a short walk down to the park. It was getting a little cloudy outside again, but they keep saying the clouds will be totally gone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay