Monday, August 10, 2015

Crazy Day

Crazy morning here in Santa Clarita this morning. Hiker and I got up at 5:45 to get ready for our dog walk with Jean. A little after 6:00 I heard a helicopter overhead. Had the blinds open on the patio door, so Hiker suddenly saw the helicopter and started barking at it. I looked out back and saw that it was very low and flying up and down our dry riverbed. It kept hovering and flying around. When Jean came with her dogs, we headed out for our walk which goes right along the riverbed. We saw 2 TV news helicopters overhead and then we saw the big Sheriff’s copter taking off from the other side of the Soledad Canyon Road Bridge throwing dust everywhere.
Found out that a homeless woman who had been living in one of the transient camps near the bridge was giving birth in the wash. After the baby came, she got up and walked away, so one of the other transients got hold of the Sheriff’s station. So they got the baby and took it to the hospital and they were flying up and down the riverbed looking for the woman. They found her hiding in a tree. They took her to the hospital to have her checked out and then they arrested her for child abandonment.
A couple of hours later there was a high-speed chase over on I5 which ended up farther down the freeway where the stolen box truck stopped on an off-ramp and the driver got out and ran. Last I heard, they caught him.
And we didn’t even have a full moon last night!
After lunch, Hiker and I went up to Canyon Country Park and did a short 1 mile walk. That walk makes you climb because it goes up the hill to the other part of the park.
When we got back home, I noticed that Hiker had amputated the leg on her Charlie Brown toy, so I had to sew it back on. Silly dog.
Going to the Ventura County Fair with my neighbor Jean tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay