Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Roof Getting Closer To Being Finished

Hiker and I got up at 6 am again this morning because I knew that the roofer would be here early, but didn’t think he’d be here as early as he was. I got dressed and then went outside to pick up Hiker’s “deposits” in the back yard. When I came back inside, I looked out my front window and saw the roofer’s truck parked in front of my house and he was asleep in the front seat. It was about 6:30 at that time. I opened the front door and the garage door so he’d know that I was awake. He started work right away, which I hope my neighbors won’t complain about. Maybe his hammering doesn’t sound as loud out there as it does from within the house.
Hiker doesn’t understand why she cannot go outside and hang out in the yard like she normally does in the morning. Usually after we have breakfast, she goes out there for a couple of hours and sniffs around, chases flies and birds, and just checks everything out. She’ll lay in the sun for a while, then she will lay in the shade for a while, then back to the sun. I can’t let her out because I have to have the big garage door and the back door to the garage open so the roofer can get through into the back yard and she would go right through the garage from the back yard into the front yard if I let her out alone.
It was such a nice morning that I decided to take Hiker out into the back yard and I sat on the patio while she did her “investigating” of everything in the yard. However, every time the roofer’s compressor kicked on, it scared the heck out of both of us. We sat out there for about 30 minutes.
The roofer took off around 11 am, I’m assuming to go to lunch. He had gotten quite a bit done before he left. He was back just before noon.
Hiker and I were both suffering from cabin fever this afternoon…Hiker because she could not go out into the yard by herself and me because I could not take her for a walk or go to the grocery store to do my shopping.
I looks to me that the roofer is making a lot of progress today and I’m hoping we will only have to go through the staying home and the hammering for just one more day. Will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.