Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hiker Is So Smart

I need to remember to not tell Hiker something until just before I’m ready to do it.
I always talk to her just like she’s a person and I think she really does understand what I say to her. Last night I was talking to her and I told her that in the morning I would have to go do some shopping at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club, but that later on in the afternoon, I would take her for a ride in the car. She has not been on a car ride for 2 weeks due to all the work I was having done on the house and then I was busy with other things.
Well this morning when I was getting ready to go do my shopping, she was following me all around the house, right on my heels, all happy because I think she thought that she was going for her car ride right away. When I told her she could not go with me right then, she looked so sad.
She’s the same way when I mention ice cream to her. She won’t leave me alone until I give her some.
So I need to learn to not tell her she gets to do something until right before we do it.
Also last night, she was so cute (as usual). We had just gone to bed and she was lying right next to me. I was starting to doze off when I felt her roll over. I didn’t realize that she had rolled onto her back and that she was expecting a belly rub. Suddenly I felt her kicking me with her back feet. When I looked at her to see what she was doing, I noticed the belly in the air, so I had to rub it for her.
Does she have me trained or what?
After lunch, I put Hiker in the car and took her for her ride. There was a specific business I needed to find. I knew its address, so went to see where its physical location was and that’s why Hiker got to go for a ride. She seemed really happy to go on the ride and kept kissing me.
Was already 100° by 10:45 am and got up to 103° by 2 pm. As I’ve said before…I can hardly wait until fall gets here.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay