Thursday, August 13, 2015

H-O-T!

Woke up around 4 am but went back to sleep within a few minutes. Stayed in bed until around 7 am.
Had some breakfast and then Hiker and I drove over to the liquor store to buy my lottery tickets for Saturday. Waited for a while to go over there because school started today and I didn’t want to get stuck in the traffic at the junior high on the way.
When we got back home, I decided to start shampooing my carpet. I try to do it twice a year and it’s time again. Only did my bedroom and the master bathroom. I used to do the entire house in one day, but I’m too old for that now, so I break it down in about 3 or 4 days. Had it professionally cleaned once last year, but it cost $300. I decided to maybe have the pros do it every 3 or 4 years so it gets a deep down cleaning once in a while.
Took me about an hour to vacuum and then shampoo. Let it dry all day and then vacuumed it again.
The 2 man work crew is supposed to come by again after they get off work from their regular job. Yesterday they were here for about 2 ½ hours. They replaced the big support beam that was rotting on my front porch and they removed the shingles from the part of the roof that is over my front porch. It was 108° while they were out there working.
By 1 pm it was 106° on my personal weather station out on the patio. Hiker wanted to go out and lay in the sun. I only let her stay out there for about 10 minutes before I made her come back into the house. Don’t know why she wants to lay in the sun this time of year.
Nice and cool in the house but stifling outside.
Here is what my roof looks like after the work they did yesterday. They were here 2 ½ hours. Took them over an hour to replace the big beam in the front of the porch. The old one was rotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay