Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another Fun Lunch With My Widowed Girlfriends

Hiker and I slept in late this morning.
Was supposed to meet the widow ladies at the Egg Plantation for lunch today. I got there first and I think I got the last parking spot in the parking lot. So I texted the girls and told them. Then I went around front and found out there was about a 30-minute wait for a table so I called the girls. They were just getting out of the grief group session at the senior center which was about 5 or 6 blocks away. We decided to go over to Cathy’s Deli instead.
Doesn’t matter where we eat just as long as we are together and having a good time.
Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I actually found one of those small Butterball Boneless turkey roasts. The store only had about 2 or 3 of them left. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and get it and I’ll slow cook it in my crockpot for Thanksgiving. Hiker will be happy because she will get some turkey on Thursday plus she will get left-overs for several days. Instead of stuffing, I’ll make my cheesy potato casserole to go along with it and then I have the sweet potato pie for dessert.
Got home a little later than normal from lunch because they are so busy at Cathy’s Deli since it has changed management that it takes them longer to get our bill to us. Hiker was really happy to see me when I got home. She was jumping all over me.
They keep saying we might get some rain tonight and tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving! and that no news is good news on the eyes and everything is back to normal. Kaye

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay