Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Busy Day At Kaiser

It was 35.6° this morning at 6 am when Hiker went outside to potty. She came back in and got right back into bed and burrowed under the covers, so I joined her.
We got up at 7 am because I had an appointment this morning with my primary doctor.
Had to have some blood tests run and an EKG prior to my eye surgery. Doctor said my EKG was very good and I’m slowly getting the results from the blood tests and so far, so good.
Also gave my advanced health directive to them. I was planning on giving it to them next time I had a physical, but decided to take it to them today.
Came back home and watched Y&R and had some lunch, then I had to head over to our local Kaiser medical building to attend a class. They gave us information about the eye surgery, explaining the 2 procedures of cataract surgery and told us which one Kaiser does. The also gave us information about what we need to do before and right after surgery. They have 2 surgeons and they both have different ideas about when we should stop taking any vitamins, minerals, herb supplements and blood thinners. My surgeon said 5 days is soon enough, but the other doctor said 14 days prior to surgery. There were about 12 to 15 people there who are scheduled for surgery. It was informative and actually interesting.
Now all I have to do is sit back and wait until I hear from the surgical facility about what time I need to check-in on November 19th.

1 comment:

  1. Well the last time I was here it was hot as hades! lol So I guess you have had a switch of weather. I think it was 80 here today. We have a front coming through tomorrow though. Good luck with your eye surgery. I have a doc appt tomorrow and good thing b/c I have some issues going on.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay