Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fun Day

Since we changed the time list night, Hiker woke me up around 5 am wanting to go outside, I told her she had to wait and go out at 6 am because I want her to get used to the time change. Once I was awake, I could not go back to sleep so we got up around 5:45.
Keith was still asleep, but he heard us moving around so he got up. Around 8 am, we put Hiker in the car and headed over to the trail head for the Elsmere Open Space which is on Sierra Highway in Newhall. We had never hiked there before so we were interested in trying it. Well we were disappointed because there really wasn’t much to see in the area we hiked, but I’m sure if we had gone up the steep trail and over the ridge and down into the canyon, it would have been more interesting. We did 2 miles and then headed home.
Keith wanted to go over to Big Lots to buy some coffee, so we did that and then he and I went over to Red Robyn to have some lunch.
When we got back home, my plantar fasciitis in my left foot was killing me. I’m sure it was from the hike because there was a lot of loose sand we had to walk through.
Last evening we sat out on my front porch and handed out candy. Keith estimated that we had about 75 kids come by. Around 7:30 pm, we decided to come back into the house and watch some TV. Keith said he heard someone come up to the door and knock even though we had turned off the porch light and didn’t have any lights on inside the house. When we were kids, our mom told use to never go to a house to trick-or-treat unless the porch light was turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay