Sunday, November 8, 2015

Morning Hike At Vasquez

Up at 6 am this morning. I wanted to take Hiker up to Vasquez Rocks for a morning hike. Was going to meet up with my friend Robyn there, but she was not feeling well this morning and didn’t get much sleep last night, so she didn’t go.
There were not very many people there this morning, which is strange for a weekend day. We only hiked about a mile and a quarter. I love to hike, but now days, it’s harder for me. It’s not just my bad eye, which will be fixed in less than 2 weeks, but I also have the plantar fasciitis on my left foot and my right knee is not what it used to be. I can no longer hike some of the terrain I used to hike because I’m worried I will fall if my knee goes out.
Sucks getting older.
Came back home and did some stretches for my bad foot and then put some laundry into the washer.
After lunch, I sent Hiker out to the patio so I could vacuum. She hates the vacuum cleaner, so she always goes outside when I’m using it.
The instructions from the pre-cataract surgery class told us to stop taking all vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements 14 days prior to our surgery. We are only supposed to be taking our regular meds, like my B/P and Cholesterol meds and my low-dose aspirin. I can really tell that I’m not taking the other stuff. My hands are hurting me, mostly in my joints, because I’m not taking my Calcium and Glucosamine. Hope my poor bones and the rest of my body can make it until I get back to using all of my vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements.
Was in the 40’s here this morning but got up into the low 80’s this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay