Thursday, November 12, 2015

Just Another Thursday

Stayed in bed until almost 7:30 this morning. After all of the craziness of yesterday, I was exhausted. I think I’m tired because I have not taken my vitamins/minerals or herb supplements for a week now because I had to stop taking them 14 days prior to my surgery.
I made some breakfast for me and Hiker and then I called Jean to see if all of her electricity was back on yet. At the time it wasn’t. She called me a little while later and said that she saw Javier (the foreman of our community workers) next door so she mentioned to him that she still had sockets that were not working. He reset all of her breakers by turning them all off and then back on and then all of her electricity was back up.
I headed over to Sam’s Club to pick up a few things. When I got home, she came over and got all of her food out of my freezer and fridge that we had put in there yesterday evening because my electricity was working when hers wasn’t.
It was a beautiful day here. Pretty windy, but otherwise really nice. After lunch, I had to go to the post office to mail some empty ink cartridges back to HP so they could recycle them, so I took Hiker with me and then we went over to Canyon Country Park.
When I got home and picked up my mail, I was surprised to find a check from a settled class action law suit against Lockheed’s employee savings plan. Since I was a member of the plan, I was eligible to receive a settlement. I will say I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a lot more than what I had expected to receive, especially at this time of year when I have so many large bills to pay. It was actually enough to cover my homeowner’s insurance and my earthquake insurance. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay