Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Got My Surgery Time

Normally on Tuesdays, I meet my widowed friends for lunch and we had planned on meeting today at the Egg Plantation over in Newhall, but one of them was having a washer and dryer delivered today, another was having her sprinkler guy come by and another said it’s been so cold lately that she just wanted to stay home inside her warm house. So that left 3 of us. I contacted them and they said since half of the group could not come, why don’t we just cancel lunch this week and meet up at the Egg Plantation next Tuesday.
Hiker and I got up just before 7:30 am and I put my 3 eye drops into my eyes before having a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I have to put the drops in 4 times a day so to help me remember, I do it at breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime. Since I have to wait 5 minutes in between each drop, it was almost 8 pm before I was done.
After breakfast, I went over to Wal-Mart. I was thinking about getting one of those little, round Butterball boneless turkeys for Thanksgiving. I used to get those when Ben was alive and I’d cook it in my crock pot all day. We’d have it for Thanksgiving dinner and then have sandwiches for a few days.
Well, Wal-Mart didn’t have any. They had a bunch of big turkeys, but didn’t need that much for just me and Hiker. Then I got to thinking that I really didn’t need a turkey on Thanksgiving. I actually like mac and cheese so much better than turkey that I decided that is what I’ll make instead. If I change my mind, I’ll try another store early next week.
When I got back home, I finally got around to my dusting that I’ve been putting off forever. After lunch, I did my vacuuming and tomorrow I need to clean my guest bathroom. Everything else will have to wait until my doctor tells me I can once again do my “normal” stuff.
Right as I was finishing my vacuuming, my brother Ron called me so we talked for about 20 minutes or so.
Around 2:30 pm the phone rang and it was the surgical facility. My surgery appointment is set for 9:45 am on Thursday, November 19th. I have to check in at 8:15 am. I called Jean right away to give her the information since she will be driving me. I called the surgical facility back a while ago because I noticed that the check-in time is an hour and a half before the surgery time and I thought maybe I wrote it down wrong but they assured me that I had the correct time because it takes over an hour to prep me for the surgery.
So I’m all set now. I’m a little nervous but I’m also glad I’m getting it over because it’s getting scary when I drive and cannot see very well.


  1. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

  2. Kay, is this laser cataract removal? I hope everything goes well for you. I am being evaluated for cataract surgery on Monday. I'll be following your progress and wishing you the best for a smooth recovery.

    1. Susan, they do not use laser to remove cataracts. It would be so much easier if the did..


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.