Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm Lovin' This Weather

Got up at 7:00 am and headed right outside (after I got dressed of course) to start cleaning up the flower bed in my front yard. It was starting to look like a jungle. I could only clean up half of it because my trash bin was already ¾ full from when my gardener mowed my lawn. I took Hiker out front with me. Hooked her up to my flag pole so she would not try to chase anyone who went by on a bike or skateboard. She just laid on the front lawn and watch people going by while I worked. After I did what I could before the trash bin got full, I took Hiker on a morning walk. It was extremely overcast here because we were getting remnants of Tropical Storm John which was breaking up just southwest of Baja California so it was very humid outside. Hiker and I no more than got back home when big rain drops started falling. They were the ones that are so big and so far apart that you can walk through them and not get wet. They rain drops kept up all morning. It would have been a nice morning for a 3 or 4 mile hike except for the humidity. Made another trip over to the Time Warner store this morning. I was over there the other day to swap out a bad remote control. Today I swapped out a bad digital cable box. The one I had kept rebooting several times a day. Had big rain drops all the way over there and all the way home. Around 1:00 pm, I put Hiker in the car and we went over to Central Park to walk around. When we got there it was pouring down rain but we got out and walked in it anyway. We were both soaking wet, but it felt so good after all of those days of 100+ degrees we've been having. The local studios were filming something in the park. This is the second time in about a year that I've seen them filming there. Have no idea what they were filming but there were a lot of studio trucks and trailers and a lot of people milling around. We have several studios here in Santa Clarita and a lot of TV shows like “CSI”, “NCIS” and “Criminal Minds” are filmed here, as are several movies and commercials. I love when I'm watching TV and see something I recognize here in town, especially when the show is supposed to be located in Washington D.C. or Las Vegas. Anyway, we decided to only walk a little over a mile because we were getting so wet. It only got up to 77° here today. Loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay