Monday, September 10, 2012

What's That Smell?

Did our normal Monday dog walk with Jean and her dogs. It was very humid outside this morning. Last night at 10:00 pm it was still 85° outside. Keith is coming to spend a few days starting this Friday morning and I was really hoping that it would cool down enough for us to go hiking while he is here, but it doesn't appear that that is going to happen. I'm thinking since we've had this really hot, humid summer that we are probably going to have a cold, harsh winter, which is not normal for here. Kept noticing a “rotten egg” smell in the air and heard on the TV news that over the hill in the San Fernando Valley that people had been complaining about the smell since this morning. They have no idea what is causing it. Plus a “mysterious” fog started forming over the San Fernando Valley and it too started heading over the hill into the Santa Clarita Valley where I live. I found it a little bit scary due to the fact that tomorrow is 9/11 and we never know what the terrorists might do, especially since we killed Bin Laden. We always hear about “biological weapons” and when I heard about the smell and the fog, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. After lunch I took Hiker over to William S. Hart Park and we walked around there for about 20 minutes or so. Tried to stay in the shade as much as possible and it was about 90° outside.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture Kay!! I wasn't thinking that tomorrow was September 11th (anniversary of 9/11). It is scary to think if something bad will happen tomorrow. Great post Kay! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay