Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lunch With Ben's Buddy

My handyman never did show up yesterday. Hiker and I got up this morning and headed out for a 1.5 mile walk. Was really nice and cool out this morning. Felt like Fall, but by this afternoon, we were back up to 102°. Hard to believe that in a couple of days it will officially be Fall with this hot weather. I met Ben's best buddy Ed up at the Sunland Sizzler for lunch. We always enjoy sharing memories of Ben. When I got home, the renewal for Hiker's dog license finally came in the mail. It is due in just over 2 weeks. I noticed they were showing the wrong expiration date for Hiker's rabies vaccination. They had vaccinated her at the shelter in August 2011. The rabies vaccine is supposed to be good for 3 years, but the paperwork they had given me for her at the shelter said that she would be due for another rabies vaccination in August 2012, so when I got her other shots this past July, I also got her the rabies shot which makes her due in July 2015, but the county shows her due in August 2014. I wrote an check to mail to them this weekend and included a note and her latest vaccination certificate asking them to make the correction in their records, but I don't know if they will or not. I wish the shelter had not put the wrong date because now she's been “double” vaccinated. Guess it didn't hurt because it didn't seem to affect her in any way.

Taken on our morning walk.

1 comment:

  1. When I had our dog vaccinated they told me she had to do the one year shot first then the next year we could get the three year. Don't know why it would make a difference, but that's the way we had to do it. Hope the cooler temps come your way soon Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay