Monday, September 3, 2012

Today Has Gone By Really Slow


To show how smart Hiker is...When I bake something in the oven and the timer goes off, she always jumps up and runs into the kitchen when I get up to go get whatever I had in the oven out. Yesterday I was baking some pumpkin bread. I took it out a little early because it was done and I did not turn off the timer. I went back and sat on the sofa. About 3 minutes later, the timer buzzed and Hiker jumped up and ran into the kitchen. I didn't follow her. She was barking in the kitchen and then came and looked at me on the sofa and barked at me, then she ran back into the kitchen. I finally got up to see what she was doing and she was sitting next to the oven looking up at me. When I asked her what she wanted, she actually pawed at the stove. I think she was telling me the timer had gone off and that whatever I was cooking was ready. I showed her that I had already taken the pumpkin bread out of the oven, then she went back into the other room and settled down. Maybe it's all just my imagination but.....

Hiker and I went on our dog-walk with Jean and her dogs this morning, plus she had two other dogs that she is watching for friends. The morning was “Fall-like” again. While we were sitting on my patio after the walk, a helicopter flew over my house 3 or 4 times. He was like “buzzing” my house and he was only about 100 feet up. We could see the pilot very clearly. It was not a sheriff's copter. It had no markings on it at all. Don't know what the heck he was doing. After the final “buzz” over my house, he just flew away. This happened a few weeks ago when my brother Keith was here but that was a sheriff's copter and it was not as low as this one was. Got into the low 90's today but also got some humidity clouds so it actually felt cooler. I was able to leave the A/C off again most of the day and just have the fans on and the sliding door open.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day, Kay! Hike is one smart doggie, she might have thought you needed to turn to oven off. The pumpkin bread sounds yummy. Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kay, First, smart, smart Hiker! Dogs are so smart and loving. Hiker is taking good care of you. As for that chopper, that would make me a bit nervous, especially an unmarked one. He must have found something interesting about your place to hover several times. I'd be calling the feds., but that's nervous me.
    We had the mid-90's today in northern WI and I had the air on all day with the humidity added.
    Plus I had the oven on all morning...
    BlessYa and StaySafe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay