Thursday, September 6, 2012

That Makes Me Mad

Got up and headed over to Wal-Mart this morning to do my grocery shopping. I shop at Wal-Mart because they are the least expensive grocery store in my area. I always try to get there early to beat the crowds. I needed some pest insecticide so I headed for the garden area. The shelves were bare. I asked a clerk where they had moved the insecticide to. She told me that if it was not on the back shelf (where I had already looked) that they were out of it. She told me that they are getting the garden area prepared for the seasonal things like pumpkins and later Christmas trees so they will not be stocking anything in the garden area until after the holidays. That does not make much sense to me. So that means I'll have to make a trip over to Lowes or Home Depot. Then when I got up to the registers to check out, they only had two open plus the self-checkout registers. Both regular registers had very long lines, but I got into the shortest line and waited, and waited, and waited. Some woman was buying some garden bricks that were from the clearance area and they had no price on them. I was 3rd in line and there were about 8 people in line behind me. The person in front of me put all of their groceries back into their cart and headed for the other register, so I was next in line. In the meanwhile, my ice cream was melting, my sour cream was turning more sour and I had to go to the bathroom. The clerk at my register suggested I go over to the lady at the register where the self-checkout was, so I did. When I got there, that clerk told me that she was only there to help people with the self-checkout, but when I told her the other clerk had told me to come to her, she went ahead and checked me out. Makes me mad. OK, I'm done bitching about that. Didn't do much the rest of the day, in fact, I dozed off a couple of times sitting on the sofa watching TV. Tomorrow Hiker and I have a morning dog walk date with Jean and her dogs and then I will have to go to Sam's Club.

1 comment:

  1. Walmart isn't what it use to be. I'm from an itty-bitty town where the old-timers knew Sam and Bud Walton personally and the common saying there is, "Sam's probably rolling over in his grave."

    Our stores in the southeast are the same... 30-some check-outs with usually no more than 5 open at a time. I feel your frustration. =)

    Other than that, hope your weekend's a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay