Monday, October 26, 2015

Cool Morning/Hot Afternoon

Didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. But then I’m like that every morning. My old brother picks on me because I say I’m tired all of the time. I used to get up early when I worked and even after I first retired, I’d get up around 5 or 6 am to start my day. But I’ve gotten to where if I don’t have anything to do that day, I’d rather stay in bed, even if I don’t go back to sleep after Hiker comes back in after potty. As it is, I only average 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night. I go to bed between 9 and 11 pm, but I turn on the TV and watch it until I fall asleep. Sometimes that is not until midnight or later. Then Hiker wakes me up at 6 am every morning to go outside. We did our Monday dog walk with Jean and her dogs this morning. It was “nippy” out there while on our walk. Was actually down to 46°. We get cool mornings, but then it warms way up in the afternoon. Got a call from Marcie at our community office. Jean and I volunteered to help them with the Halloween party prep, plus we are always judges for the kid’s costume contests. The party is this Friday evening, but we will go over early in the day to help them get things ready. I got the call-back I was waiting for from my eye surgeon’s scheduler. She told me that she had not sent out the package last week with the form in it. That she had waited until today to send it out because she was waiting to get my post-op appointment with my eye surgeon set up. So hopefully I will receive the package by the weekend. My pre-op with my regular doctors is Wednesday, November 4th. My surgery will be on Thursday, November 19th. Then I have a post-op with my surgeon on Friday, November 20th. Then I have an office visit with him again on Friday, November 27th. I had promised Hiker this morning that I’d take her for a ride in the car and maybe to the park for a short walk this afternoon, but by 12:30 it was already in the mid-90’s and I didn’t want to walk her because she’d burn her little feet on the hot pavement. So I put her in the car and took her for a 20-minute car ride. She was perfectly happy with that. She loves riding in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay