Monday, October 19, 2015

Really Nice Day

Spent the night in one of those “half asleep/half awake” modes. I felt like I was sleeping, but I knew what was going on as if I was not asleep. We got up at 5:45 to get ready for our dog walk with Jean.
Another nice fall morning even though they keep telling us that we are going to be back up into the 90s by the end of this week.
So Saturday night, Hiker had the run in with the opossum. Last night, she had something in the corner by the garage. I went out to see what it was, but didn’t see anything. When she came back inside, I heard something scratching around out there, so don’t know if it was a rat, a lizard or what.
After breakfast, I took Hiker with me to go by my bank so I could hit up the ATM and then we stopped by the liquor store to buy my lotter tickets and a gallon of milk. They charge a lot more for the milk, but I didn’t want to go to the grocery store just to get milk, so I went for the convenience instead of the price.
When we got back home, I did a little housework. My urge to clean is getting to be less and less each month. When Ben and I were first married, I thoroughly cleaned everything on a weekly basis. Bathrooms, floors, vacuuming, dusting…anything that needed to be cleaned was cleaned. After I retired, the weekly basis changed to monthly basis, except for vacuuming and cleaning the toilets. I’ve grown so lazy. I would hire a maid to come in once a week, but I don’t like the idea of having someone strange in my house.
After lunch, Hiker and drove over to Central Park in Saugus and did a loop walk around the park.
The weather has been so nice the past 3 days. It has really finally felt like fall and when the weather is nice, I’m not lazy like I am when it’s really hot outside and I love getting outside with Hiker.
Got up to 85° today and we had some really nice clouds in a dark blue sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay