Saturday, May 2, 2015

No More Tree - No More Shade

Hiker and I were up at 6 am. The workers to cut down the tree were supposed to be here at 8 am, but they showed up 30 minutes early and got right to work.
Around 8 am, my neighbors Andi and Valerie were at my door. I had left them a note yesterday about the tree removal and that I was paying to have the fence fixed. They wanted to thank me for taking care of it and they insisted on giving me a check to help out with the expenses. I kept telling them they didn’t have to do that because it was my tree roots that caused the problem with the fence, but they would not take no for an answer.
Within 45 minutes, the tree was now a stump. Hiker was afraid of the stump remover they had and she hid under the futon while they were running it.
The workers left around 11:30 am for a break.
I let Hiker out into the yard around 12:30 pm and she just wandered all around sniffing everything. Don’t know if she can comprehend that the tree is gone or not.
The workers came back around 1 pm with the sod. They only sodded the section where they took the tree and roots out. Hopefully now that the sun can get through to the grass, it will all group back and fill in.
My brother Ron called this afternoon.
Around 3 pm, my friend Karren Meggitt called me. She and her husband Wally now live in northern Idaho. They are going to be down here for a couple of days to pick up the rest of their belongings and they wanted me to drive up to Quartz Hill to see them, but I had already promised Jean that I’d go to the swap meet and antique mall with her tomorrow. Karren and Wally didn’t have any other free days to visit, so I’ll have to wait for the next time they come down.





1 comment:

  1. So sad to see the tree go. But you had no choice. How sweet that your neighbors helped with the cost. Hiker will get used to the sun in that spot soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay