Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Day

Hiker and I got up at 7 am because we were doing a dog walk with Jean and her dogs at 8:30 am. Keith stayed in bed a little bit longer, but he was up by the time we left for the walk.

It was very cold when we were out walking. It wasn’t so much the temperature, but the wind was blowing and the wind was like ice. After the walk, we let the dogs play in my back yard for a little while.

After Jean went home, Keith, Hiker and I hung out at home for a little while and then Keith and I headed out for lunch. We had planned to go to the Stone Fire Grill but when we got there they had not opened yet. We were there just before 11:30 am, but because it was New Year’s Day, they were not opening until noon. I guess they figured people stayed up late last night so they’d open later today.

Since we had not had any breakfast, we were hungry, so instead of waiting, we drove over to Johnny Rockets and had lunch there instead. I love 1950’s retro diners and they always play good music.

We had thought about taking Hiker on a hike today, but the wind was just way too cold. So Keith and I decided to stay inside and watch “Interstellar” on Amazon Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay